About This Source - Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver is a British chef and restaurateur with a string of books, television shows and restaurants to his name.
In 1999 the BBC aired his television show The Naked Chef.
He was the owner of a restaurant chain, Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group, which opened its first restaurant, Jamie’s Italian, in Oxford in 2008.
Jamie Oliver Books #Ad
Recent from Jamie Oliver:
Jamie Oliver prepared another tasty lockdown treat which can be cooked pretty quickly and easily. Recipe details underneath, where you may also rate this recipe.
Filmed in March 2020.
There’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of chicken soup. But, Jamie’s not just making your average bowl of soup – he’s showing you how to make a cosy, warming bowl of deliciousness, all using leftover roast chicken! To blow peoples’ minds, take it to the next level by creating some incredible pulled chicken crostini. Give this a try for some cosy deep flavours, and a big old hug of comfort food!
Links from the video:
Chicken in Milk?! | Jamie Oliver & Gennaro Contaldo
xJamie Oliver YouTube Channel
Chicken Soup With Chicken Crostini Recipe – Jamie Oliver
- Leftover roast chicken
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 Stick celery
- 1 Sprig fresh thyme
- Selection of mushrooms (2 field mushrooms and 300g button mushrooms)
- 1 Tbsp heaped plain flour
- Salt & Pepper
- Splash of double cream
For the Stock
- Break up your chicken carcas and put into a large pan with all the chicken bones
- Add 1.5 litres of boiled water from a kettle
- Add items which add flavour, for example, some rosemary, the end of celery stalks, maybe some veggie peel and half a lemon (maybe from your roast too!) and cook over a low temperature
For the Soup Base
- In a large frying pan, add some olive oil, and chicken fat from your leftover chicken over a medium heat
- Chop your onion and fry in the pan until brown
- Then add chopped celery and garlic and the thyme leaves
- Crumble your peeled and washed mushrooms into the pan – chop them if you prefer, but you will be mixing these with a food processor, so the visual appearance is not important – and cook until brown
- Add 1 heaped tablespoon of plain flour and mix
- At this point, get a sieve and ladel in around 1 liter of your broth into your soup base and stir
- Leave this to simmer for 10-15 minutes
- Use a hand blender to liquidise the soup
- Season with salt and pepper
For chicken crostini
- Chop some fresh bread into slices
- Mix your left over chicken pieces and put on top of the bread pieces (see video)
- Put into a baking tray, then put chicken skin, chopped, on top of each, and add some chopped thyme
- Bake in the over for 10-15 minutes at 180 degree C
- Serve in a bowl with double cream on top
- Float your chicken crustini in the top
- Drizzle with olive oil
In This Story: Lockdown
3 Recent Items: Lockdown
In This Story: UK
UK is the abbreviated form of the United Kingdom of Great Britain.