About This Source - Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay is one of the most famous chefs on the planet.
As well as the content below, Gordon has many cookery books on the market, including:
Recent from Gordon Ramsay:
Gordon Ramsay was live again on his Instagram showing us how we can, actually, cook a delicious meal in 10 minutes (assuming someone prepares it all for us, and does the washing up after, of course 😉 ) with this 10 minute carbonara.
We’re loving the videos from Gordon and family during lockdown, and their personalities do brighten up this simple recipe so much, too.
Gordon was live yesterday and showed everyone at home how easy it is to make a Carbonara Pasta in under 10 minutes! Even with some tough talk from his daughter Tilly, Gordon is actually able to finish his live dish in under 10 minutes!Gordon Ramsay YouTube Channel
Gordon Ramsay 10 Minute Carbonara Recipe
- Streaky Bacon or Pancetta
- Egg Yolks
- Hot Pepper
- Creme Fraiche
- Grana Padano Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil a pan of hot water for your pasta, and then put into the pan first – this takes around 9 minutes to cook, so it must go in first!
- Chop your bacon into strips and fry over a medium-high heat a small splash of olive oil.
- Season the bacon with black pepper as it is frying
- Slice garlic and add it to the frying pan while the bacon is cooking
- Slice mushroom and add these when the bacon is nicely cooked
- Add salt and pepper
- Optional – Gordon adds a sliced red chilli at this point
- Break eggs into a bowl, and grate hard cheese into the eggs and add a spoonful of creme fraiche, before mixing with a fork. Add a splash of water to the mixture to thin it a little.
- Add frozen peas to the mixture in the frying pan
- Add some water from your pasta to the frying pan, before you add the egg mixture
- Drain the pasta when it is cooked to your preference
- Add spaghetti into the frying pan and mix
- Add eggs into the mixture and lower the temperature cook the eggs over a low heat – even remove from the hob if you have electric hobs, and serve as soon as it’s cooked
- Garnish with parsley, grated parmesan and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Delicious, and under 10 minutes!
In This Story: Gordon Ramsay
Gordon James Ramsay OBE is a British chef, restaurateur, writer and television personality. He was born in Johnstone, Scotland, and raised in Stratford-upon-Avon, England. His restaurants have been awarded 16 Michelin stars in total and currently hold a total of seven.