About This Source - Gordon Ramsay
Gordon Ramsay is one of the most famous chefs on the planet.
As well as the content below, Gordon has many cookery books on the market, including:
Recent from Gordon Ramsay:
Gordon Ramsay shows how tm ake a British classic dish, Fish & Chips in 10 minutes, using a “shallow fry” method available to most of us in our own kitchens. We needed this to get us through lockdown!
This was recorded live by Gordon Ramsay, who congratulated the amazing Captain Tom Moore, who is 99 years old and raised millions for the UK’s NHS.
In the video, we also meet Gordon’s lovely family 🙂
This week on Ramsay in 10 Live, Gordon tackled a British Classic….Fish & Chips. Simple and easy to do at home, As he and the Ramsay family #StayHome, Gordon shows you how to make this Classic by Shallow Frying but can he get it done in 10 Minutes? Leave a comment about what dish you want to see next weekend so you can #cookwithme?Gordon Ramsay YouTube Channel
- 120g Self Rising Flour
- White Fleshed Fish (such as Cod)
- Egg White
- Light Beer or Lager
- 1 Large Potato
- Sunflower Oil
- Curry Powder
- Baking Powder
- Creme Fraiche
- Hot Sauce (Optional)
- Put 1 teaspoon on baking powder and some curry powder (to taste) and some beet into the flour in a bowl.
- Put a similar amount self raising flour into another bowl, along with curry powder. You will use this later to coat your fish before battering.
- Heat around 1 inch of sunflower oil in a normal frying pan on a medium temperature.
- Whisk your batter together until it’s mixed.
- Whisk the egg whites until they are at a stiff peak. Add a little salt half way through whisking. Pour into your batter.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Dip your fish in the flour mix, and then drop into your batter.
- Turn up the oil a little, then make sure your fish is coated, then lay in the cod into the oil, and take off the gas (so it isn’t too hot). Turn the heat down, and put the pan back on, so it gently fried.
- Baste with a spoon (scoop hot oil over the top of the fish from the pan).
- Chop your potato into thin chips (skinny fries)
- Put some kitchen roll around your chips.
- Turn over your fish, and baste it again. The fish should take three to three and a half minutes to cook.
- Drain the fish and put onto a piece of paper to soak up the excess fat, and then put into a medium over for a couple of minutes to cook through (also to keep warm while you prepare more)
- Put the chips into the same oil. Cook these for 2 minutes. #
- Turn up the heat on the pan to crisp off the chips.
- To make tartare sauce: get mayonnaise and add chopped gherkins to it + some creme fraische and some Tobasco sauce, some salt, and some finely diced shallot. Squeeze in fresh lemon.
- When the chips are cooked, you are ready to serve.
- See the video for tips from Gordon Ramsay.
In This Story: Captain Sir Tom Moore
Captain Sir Thomas Moore, popularly known as “Captain Tom”, was a British Army officer and centenarian, known for his achievements raising money for charity in the run-up to his 100th birthday during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2 Recent Items: Captain Sir Tom Moore
In This Story: Gordon Ramsay
Gordon James Ramsay OBE is a British chef, restaurateur, writer and television personality. He was born in Johnstone, Scotland, and raised in Stratford-upon-Avon, England. His restaurants have been awarded 16 Michelin stars in total and currently hold a total of seven.