About This Source - Jamie Oliver
Jamie Oliver is a British chef and restaurateur with a string of books, television shows and restaurants to his name.
In 1999 the BBC aired his television show The Naked Chef.
He was the owner of a restaurant chain, Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group, which opened its first restaurant, Jamie’s Italian, in Oxford in 2008.
Jamie Oliver Books #Ad
Recent from Jamie Oliver:
Gennaro Contaldo cooks up a delicious traditional Italian lasagne showing how it’s done. The full recipe information is below – where you may also rate this recipe.
Leave a comment at the bottom with your own take on the lasagne – we’ve all got our own approach 🙂
If you’re looking for a delicious recipe guaranteed to bring all the family together, look no further than Gennaro’s classic Italian lasagne. A rich Ragu sauce layered between sheets of fresh lasagne, a creamy bechamel sauce, mozzarella and parmesan. Serve with a crisp garden salad and oomph! Homely, authentic cuisine from the one and only Gennaro Contaldo. Enjoy!Jamie Oliver YouTube Channel
Gennaro Contaldo’s Lasagne Recipe
Gennaro Contaldo makes his family lasagne in his own garden, so you can do it in your kitchen, for sure.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 80g flour
- 1 litre full milk
- 100g parmesan cheese (for the sauce)
- Salt & pepper
- 200g Parmesan (top each layer)
- 400g Mozzarella
- 1KG of bolognese ragu (made to your favourite recipe, but slightly “wet”)
- To start, make the becchemel sauce, by melting the butter in a saucepan, and mixing the flour, then slowly adding milk while stirring so there are no lumps
- Add cheese to your sauce along with a pinch of salt and some pepper & some nutmeg then whisk, and cook slowly for 10-12 minutes, stirring often, until it thickens
- Add your ragu very thinly then some pasta, then a thin layer of ragu, and top with becchemel sauce, and a little parmesan and mozzarella, then another layer of pasta.
- Repeat this second layer again and again until you fill your dish, before finally topping with some extra parmesan
- Cook for 35-45 minutes in a hot oven, with foil over the top.