LG are launching their new flexible smartphone, the LG G Flex, to United States customers on the Sprint network.
G Flex will be available on Friday 31st January 2014 through Sprint for $299.99 with a new two-year service agreement. The curved mobile device will then arrive in Sprint stores on Friday 7th February 2014.
LG says the curved, 6-inch HD display helps to reduce glare and provide a more cinematic viewing experience. However, the flexibility of the phone is limited. It may be bent flat up to 180 degrees for a limited period of time only. LG advises that customers should not bend the phone inward or twist.
Key features of LG G Flex:
- Display: 6-inch, HD (1280×720), curved P-OLED (Real RGB)
- Battery: 3,500mAh (embedded) lithium ion with up to 29 hours of talk time
- Processor: 2.26GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 processor with quad-core Krait CPU
- Camera: 13-megapixel rear-facing, 2.1-megapixel front-facing
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC ROM
- Convenient Rear Key provides outstanding grip and ergonomics
- Dual Window divides the screen into two separate applications for better multitasking
- QuickTheater offers fast access to photos, videos and YouTube™
- Operating system: Android 4.2.2, Jelly Bean
- Size: 160.5 x 81.6 x 7.9-8.7 mm (6.3 x 3.2 x 0.35 inches)
- Weight: 177 grams (6.24 ounces)