Law&Crime Network published this video item, entitled “WI v. Kyle Rittenhouse Trial Day 11 – Arguments Over Jury Request to View Drone Video” – below is their description.
WATCH LAW&CRIME NETWORK WITH LIVE TRIAL COMMENTARY HERE https://lawandcrime.com/where-to-watch/
Live Coverage: WI v. Kyle Rittenhouse – Kenosha Shooting
Day 2 Jury Began Deliberations at 10:15am ET
Jury Question: Do we view videos in courtroom or in private? Judge Schroeder asks “any suggestions?” Binger says he believes the law is clear they have to watch it in the courtroom
Arguments Over Jury Request to View Drone Video
Judge Schroeder & Counsel Discuss Drone Footage
REMINDER of the judge’s ruling in defense use of force expert testimony: Schroeder told the attorneys that Black wouldn’t be allowed to testify about what Rittenhouse was thinking when he pulled the trigger or whether he definitively acted in self-defense.
Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger said if Schroeder allowed Black to testify only about the timeline of events that night he wouldn’t call his own expert to the stand. Defense attorney Mark Richards agreed to the deal.
1. First Degree Reckless Homicide, Use of a Deadly Weapon (Joseph Rosenbaum)
2. First Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, Use of a Deadly Weapon (Richard
McGinnis, reporter for Daily Caller, not injured but near Rosenbaum when Rittenhoue
3. First Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety, Use of a Deadly Weapon (unknown male)
4. First Degree Intentional Homicide, Use of a Deadly Weapon (Anthony Huber)
5. Attempt First Degree Intentional Homicide, Use of a Deadly Weapon (Gaige
6. Possession of a Dangerous Weapon by a Person under the Age of 18 (JUDGE DISMISSED THIS COUNT ON THE DAY OF CLOSING ARGUMENTS)
7. DISMISSED AT THE END OF STATE”S CASE. Prosecution failed to put evidence in front of the jury that there was a lawful curfew in place (appears to be an oversight by prosecution) Defense moved to dismiss, judge agreed. Fail to Comply with Order of Local Government – Emergency Management Activity (citation, carries no penalty) – everyone present was breaking the 7pm curfew issued by the sheriff.
Possible Sentence: Max: Life in Prison Without Parole (WI does not have the DP)
JURY CHOSEN IN ONE DAY. 20 jurors have been selected in WI v. Kyle Rittenhouse. 9 men and 11 women. (8 are alternates)
Rittenhouse shot and killed Joseph Rosenbaum, 26, and Anthony Huber, 26, and injured Gaige Grosskreutz, 27. Prosecutors say that Rittenhouse, then 17 and from Illinois, was a vigilante looking for a fight. He, like other right-wingers, went to Kenosha, Wisconsin ostensibly to protect property. This happened as protests over police shooting local man Jacob Blake turned violent. Rittenhouse’s attorneys assert he was acting in self-defense. This case became a cause célèbre among conservatives.
Prosecutors have struggled in court, failing to introduce evidence of prior aggressive behavior. This included evidence showing him attacking a woman who was in an altercation with his sister. The other is that he was closely linked to the violent, far-right Proud Boys organization.
Kenosha County Judge Bruce Schroeder said an appellate court would reverse him if he allowed these in trial. The evidence was too prejudicial, he said. He left it up in the air whether he would allow footage showing someone identified as Rittenhouse discussing a Black man exiting a CVS pharmacy. Rittenhouse believed the man was shoplifting.
Watch Law&Crime Network NOW on YouTubeTV!
OTHER WAYS TO WATCH LAW&CRIME NETWORK IN YOUR AREA:
Who To Follow On Twitter:
@AddiTrialsStuffLaw&Crime Network YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.