About This Source - Law&Crime Network
Recent from Law&Crime Network:
Law&Crime Network published this video item, entitled “OH v. Joshua Aide Trial – Jury Instructions” – below is their description.
Watch Live: WI v. Joshua Aide Trial – Fatal Attack That Followed Break Up
Watch Live: WI v. Joshua Aide Trial Day 3 – Joshua Aide – Defendant
● James Gruettner, 59, DIED — Rebecca’s Father—Shot in the side of face by Aide ● Rebecca Borkowski, 33, — Joshua Aide’s Ex-Girlfriend— Shot in ear by ex—Survived ● John Miller, 57—Shot in the forehead by Aide, Survived
● One Count of First Degree Intentional Homicide
● Two Counts of Attempted First Degree Intentional Homicide
Date of crime:
● August 4th, 2020, 8:30 pm
Date of arrest:
● August 4th, 2020
Other key players involved:
● Rebecca Borkowski, Joshua Aide’s Ex- Girlfriend
○ Rebecca and Joshua had been dating for 5 years until Rebecca called it quits in March of 2020.
○ Days leading up to the accident, Joshua and Rebecca were messaging about a car radiator on a vehicle they co-owned, Rebecca tells Joshua she’s going to have someone help fix the vehicle so she can get it off her property. Texting back and forth about this, Joshua does not want anyone else working on the car.
○ Rebecca, her father James Gruettner and John Miller were working on the vehicle when Aide allegedly showed up shooting.
Joshua Aide, 40, stands trial in Winnebago County, Wisconsin after prosecutors said he tried to kill his ex-girlfriend Rebecca Borkowski, 33, and another man Joshua Miller, 57, and also murdered his ex’s father James Gruettner, 59. Opening statements are expected as early as Monday afternoon on May 3, and witness testimony would start the day after. You can watch in the player above.
Borkowski dumped Aide after five years together, and rejected his attempts to get back together, citing physical abuse including choking. Prosecutors said the August 4 shooting happened amid a dispute over a vehicle they both owned. Borkowski wanted to replace the radiator, and she refused his help. She said she wanted the vehicle gone by the weekend. Someone was coming to help her fix it. Aide, however, allegedly insisted that no one touch the radiator.
The defendant allegedly opened fire on the three victims as they were working on the vehicle. Borkowski survived a gunshot wound to the ear and the back of her head. Miller survived a shot to the face. Gruettner, however, died from a shot to the forehead.
Aide is charged with first-degree intentional homicide, and two counts of attempted first-degree intentional homicide. He recently walked back an insanity defense. Filings back in January showed that he was getting ready to argue self-defense at trial.
You may already have access to the Law&Crime Network! Find out here: https://lawandcrime.com/where-to-watch/
No access? That’s okay! Subscribe direct to Law&Crime here: https://lawandcrime.com/subscribe/
Watch Us Live On Peacock Daily Free: https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/home
Click on Channels & Scroll Down to Law & Crime NetworkLaw&Crime Network YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.