Prince Michael of Kent and Princess Azra of Hyderabad took part in the Cartier “Travel with Style” Concours d’Elegance at Jaipur Polo Ground, New Delhi on 12th March 2011. Also there were the Maharaja and Maharani of Tehri-Garhwal.
Every car had to be in running order and make one circuit at the event. Rana Manvendra Singh of Barwani was the curator and the event was orchestrated by Conservationist and travel writer Mark Shand, HRH The Duchess of Cornwall’s brother.
The judging panel was comprised of HRH Prince Michael of Kent, Sir Anthony Bamford, David Clark, William ‘Chip’ Connor II, Sir Michael Kadoorie, Yasmine Le Bon, Olivier Martinez, John McCaw, Gordon Murray, Bryan Ferry and Peter Stevens.
Winners of the Cartier “Travel with Style” Concours d’Elegance 2011
- The Best Car of the Show Award for 2011: 1911 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Dome Roof Limousine (the Throne Car) owned by HIH Princess Ezra of Hyderabad.
- Jaguar Class:
- Runner up—1947 SS Jaguar owned by Mr Laxmi Raman
- Best of Class—1937 SS Jaguar owned by Mr TT Raghunathan
- Roadster Class: Best of Class—1959 Daimler SP 250 Dart owned by Mr V.P. Singh Badnore
- Indian Heritage Class: Best of Class—1955 Fiat 1100-103 Millecento owned by Mr Owais Moshin Kidwai
- Post-War Classics Class:
- American Runner up—1956 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible owned by Mr Sudhir Kasliwal
- European Runner up—1958 Mercedes 300D owned by Mr K.C. Anand
- Best of Class—1947 Cadillac Series 62 owned by Mr Amal Tanna
- Resurrection Cup: 1929 Mercedes Nurburg owned by Viveck Goenka
- Judges Choice (Ladies): 1928 Lancia Di Lambda owned by Mr Prahlad Agarwalla
- Classics Class:
- Runner up—1930 Stutz Series M owned by Mr Diljeet Titus
- Best of Class—1938 Bentley 4 ¼ litre overdrive MX Series owned by Mr Jaiswal
- Preservation Class: Best of Class—1959 Chevrolet Impala owned by Mr Sukhwant Singh
- Classics Rolls Royce Class:
- Runner up—1937 Rolls Royce 25/30 h.p. owned by Roshni Jaiswal
- Best of Class—1911 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost Dome Roof Limousine Owned by HIH Princess Ezra of Hyderabad
- Children’s Choice: 1925 Rolls Royce Phantom 1 owned by Mr Yadupati Singhania