A Conference on European economic system at European University Institute in memory of Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa.
- President of the European University Institute, Josep Borrell
- Romano Prodi, former President of the European Commission
- Lorenzo Bini Smaghi, member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank
- Stefano Micossi, Director-General of Assonime
- Riccardo Perissich, member of the Board of Directors of Notre Europe
- Ignazio Visco, Deputy-Director General of Banca d’Italia
Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa was Italian Minister of Finance (2006-2008), a committed European and one of the founding fathers of the euro. He was a member of the Executive Board of the European Central Bank (1998-2005) during the crucial period preceding the launch of the European Monetary Union and the following phases.