The second day of Royal Ascot 2011 takes place on Wednesday 15th June 2011, and will feature another six races of the highest calibre: the day will see one Group 1 race, two Group 2 events, a Group 3 race as well as a heritage handicap and a Listed race.
Racing will begin at 14:30 BST when a field of ten runners will line up for the 7 furlong Group 3 Jersey Stakes.
The feature race of the day is the Group 1 Prince of Wales’s Stakes over 1m2f, which will see seven high-quality four, five and six year olds compete for winner’s prize money of just over GBP £227,000. Aiden O’Briens ever-impressive son of High Chapparal, So You Think looks the likely winner of that marquee race, though the colt is sure to start a short-odds favourite. The Prince of Wales’s Stakes takes place at 15:45 BST.
The Official Going at Royal Ascot is Good (Good to Soft in places), and the weather forecast suggests it is set to be cloudier than the opening day on Tuesday, but it is expected to remain dry throughout Wednesday, so no changes in Going are anticipated.
Royal Ascot 2011 Race Times – Wednesday 15th June 2011
The following race times for Royal Ascot 2011 are in British Summer Time (BST) which is CET -1:
- 14:30 – Jersey Stakes (Group 3) Cl1 7f
- 15:05 – Windsor Forest Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies & Mares) Cl1 1m
- 15:45 – Prince of Wales´s Stakes (British Champions´ Series) (Group 1) Cl1 1m2f
- 16:25 – Royal Hunt Cup (Heritage Handicap) Cl2 1m
- 17:00 – Queen Mary Stakes (Group 2) (Fillies) Cl1 5f
- 17:35 – Sandringham Handicap (Listed Race) (Fillies) Cl1 1m