Horse Racing Results: the sixth and final race at Meydan, UAE, on Thursday 6th January 2011 was the 21:25 Meydan “Sheba” Handicap run over 2000m (approximately 1 mile 2 furlongs).
The race was won by Radegund Abbey which was ridden by Richard Mullen and held off the challenge of Mushreq under Richard Hills with relative ease when called upon. The winner was clear by two lengths come the finish line.
Treachery came in third, half a length behind the fading Mushreq with Bawadi and Amazon River around the same distance back in fourth and fifth to grab the final prize money places.
Video courtesy Emirates Racing Authority.
Meydan Results Thursday 6th January – Race 6 – 21:25 – “Sheba” Handicap
- Radegund Abbey (GB) – S Seemar – Richard Mullen
- Mushreq (USA) – D Watson – Richard Hills
- Treachery (IRE) – S Seemar – Harry Bentley
- Bawadi (USA) – M bin Shafya – Patrick Cosgrave
- Amazon River (IRE) – R Bouresly – Erhan Yavuz
- Florentine Ruler (USA) – D Watson – Patrick Dobbs
- Desert Realm (IRE) – A Al Raihe – Antioco Murgia
- Mark To Market (IRE) – D Watson – Ted Durcan
- Shemoli (GB) – D Selvaratnam – Kieren Fallon
- Demostrativo (ARG) – M bin Shafya – Xavier Ziani
- Futurist (GB) – A bin Huzaim – Jesus Rosales
- Five Cents (GB) – A Al Raihe – Royston Ffrench
- Game Stalker (USA) – A Al Raihe – Ahmad Ajtebi
- Musleh (USA) – E Charpy – Tadhg O’Shea