The “Dolce Vita” Handicap run over 1400m (approximately 7 furlongs) was the 19:55 (local time) third race of the Meydan meeting on Thursday, January 13th 2011.
Prize money totalling $120,000 USD was available for this race, with the winner scooping $72,000 USD, and places down to 6th receiving prize money for their travails.
The race was the first of the 2011 Dubai International Racing Carnival to be run on the turf, and it was won by Dandy Boy who burst through under a good ride by Colm O’Donoghue, with around 150m remaining, to win a couple of lengths ahead of HujayLea and Clearly Silver who both finished strongly.
Video & photographs courtesy of Emirates Racing Authority.
Meydan Results – Thursday 13th January – Race 3 – 19:55 – Dolce Vita Handicap
- Dandy Boy (ITY) – D Marnane – Colm O’Donoghue
- Hujaylea (IRE) – M Halford – Shane Foley
- Clearly Silver (SAF) – M de Kock – Christophe Soumillon
- Escape Route (USA) – S Seemar – Richard Mullen
- Ashram (IRE) – S bin Suroor – Lanfranco Dettori
- Munaddam (USA) – E Charpy – Richard Hills
- Sir Gerry (USA) – D Watson – Tadhg O’Shea
- Happy Dubai (IRE) – A Al Raihe – Daragh O’Donohoe
- Mccartney (GER) – S Seemar – Harry Bentley
- Il Grande Maurizio (IRE) – A Al Raihe – Royston Ffrench
- Laa Rayb (USA) – D Selvaratnam – Kieren Fallon
- Too Nice Name (FR) – X Nakkachdji – Gregory Benoist
- Carnaby Street (IRE) – M Al Zarooni – Ahmad Ajtebi
- Warsaw (IRE) – M de Kock – Kevin Shea
- Hunting Tower (SAF) – M de Kock – Patrick Cosgrave
- Atlantic Brave (GB) – M Al Muhairi – Wayne Smith