Jamie Oliver cooked up a treat for the stay-at-home chefs… yes, that would be all of us right now… with another of his excellent Keep Cooking and Carry On recipes.
In case you missed them, the full recipe and method details on how to cook this are below.
Jamie is back with another recipe from his new TV show Keep Cooking and Carry On. Recipes to do while you are stuck at home that will fill you with the good stuff and use up whatever you have to hand. Just be adaptable and don’t be scared of making a swap out if you can’t get your hands on an ingredient.
Catch up on all the episodes in the UK: http://channel4.com
#stayinside #cornershopcooking #stayhome
Links from the video:
xJamie Oliver YouTube Channel
Homemade Minestrone Soup Recipe
- 4 rashers smoked bacon chopped
- Olive Oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Bay leaves
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 small onlions, chopped
- Kale finely sliced
- Savoy cabbage, stalks removed and chopped finely
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of butter beans
- 1 tin of canellini beans
- 1 bowl full of pasta (around 250g)
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chopped smokey bacon.
- When the bacon is browned, add the garlic, the bay leaves and the carrots
- Then add in the celery and the onion and fry
- Sprinkle in the stock cube
- Pour in 1 tin of tomatoes, then refill the tin with water, and pour this in too
- Pour in the butter beans and canellini beans (note you could use other beans for this)
- Add your savoy cabbage
- Add your kale
- Pour in around 1 pint of boiling water
- Add a lid to the pan and simmer
- Put the pasta into a clean tea towel and break it, before pouring into the soup
- Simmer until it thickens and the pasta is cooked – around 15 minutes
- Serve in bowls with a little parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper to taste.
Delicious! Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment, below.