There are eight UEFA Champions League fixtures scheduled for Tuesday, 23rd November 2010 as the teams in Groups E, F, G and H are set to play each other in the penultimate round of group game matches.
The biggest match is perhaps in The Netherlands as Ajax take on Real Madrid in their Group G clash. Ajax need a win to keep their qualification chances, while Real are all but assured a place in the knock-out phase as they lead the group on ten points, five clear with two to play.
Chelsea, already certain of their place in the next phase, host MSK Zilina, and will be looking to get a good performance to recover some morale following a Barclays Premier League form blip in recent weeks.
In Group E, Roma host Bayern Munich with the latter looking to claim the group victory by securing at least a point. Bayern have claimed the maximum to date with four wins from four, but Roma could theoretically catch them as they are currently second placed on six points with two matches remaining. Bayern can extinguish that hope by avoiding defeat tonight.
Full fixtures for this evening are detailed below.
UEFA Champions League Fixtures – Tuesday 23rd November 2010
- Spartak Moscow v Marseille – Group F – Kick-Off (GMT) 17:30
- Ajax v Real Madrid – Group G – Kick-Off (GMT) 19:45
- Auxerre v AC Milan – Group G – Kick-Off (GMT) 19:45
- Basle v CFR 1907 Cluj-Napoca – Group E – Kick-Off (GMT) 19:45
- Braga v Arsenal – Group H – Kick-Off (GMT) 19:45
- Chelsea v MSK Zilina – Group F – Kick-Off (GMT) 19:45
- Partizan Belgrade v Shakhtar Donetsk – Group H – Kick-Off (GMT) 19:45
- Roma v Bayern Munich – Group E – Kick-Off (GMT) 19:45