Rasmus Kofoed, of Denmark has won the prestigious award for culinary excellence – the Bocuse d’Or 2011 trophy and €20,000 in prize money at Sirha 2011.
The Bocuse d’Argent ( silver) went to Tommy Myllymäki of Sweden, who will receive the Bocuse d’Argent trophy 2011 and €15,000 in prize money. Third place was awarded to Gunnar Hvarnes from Norway who will get the the Bocuse de Bronze trophy 2011 and €10,000 in prize money.
Several special prizes were also awarded:
- ‘Best Commis’, awarded by the Bocuse d’Or Winner’s Academy: Maiko Imazawa, Commis to Tatsuo Nakasu, Japan
- Special ‘Fish’ prize: Franck Giovanni, Switzerland
- Special ‘Meat’ prize: Jérôme Jaegle, France
- Prize for the best promotional campaign: Guatemala
- Prize for the best Poster, as selected by visitors via the internet website: Spain
24 chefs took par in the challenge of preparing two perfect dishes using the official products of the Bocuse d’Or 2011: Scottish lamb for the meat dish and Monkfish, Crab and Scottish Langoustine for the fish dish. The time limit was 5.35 hours.
The jury was composed of 24 influential chefs under the aegis of 3 presidents: Paul Bocuse, President Founder, Yannick Alleno, Honorary President (3* Chef at the Meurice, Silver Bocuse 1999) and Geir Skeie, President of the International Jury (Bocuse d’Or 2009).