Having already revealed who will be the Top Ten Tallest players at World Cup 2010, The Global Herald unveils who will be the shortest players taking to the pitch in FIFA World Cup 2010.
World Cup 2010 – Top Ten Shortest
Aaron Lennon, of England – who also field the second tallest player (Peter Crouch) – is the shortest player registered to take part in the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa. He stands 165cm tall (5′ 5″).
The next four shortest players stand at 166cms, or 5′ 5.5″, and include Clement Rodriguez of Argentina, Arthur Boka of the Ivory Coast and the Honduran pair Walter Martinez and Danilo Turcios.
The list includes 12 players in joint 9th place (20 players in total).
- There are 12 players in equal 9th, all at 168cms tall – making there 20 players in the top ten heights list in total,
- Uruguay have three players out of the 20;
- Honduras, England, USA and Chile each have two players in the Top Ten Shortest list;
- Only three of the 20 players are defenders; none are goalkeepers;
- The list contains nine midfielders and eight forwards;
- Only three of the 20 players are aged over 30 – none are 35+
|Cote D’Ivoire||Arthur BOKA||02/04/1983||166||DF|
|Korea DPR||MUN In Guk||29/09/1978||167||MF|