About This Source - BBC
Recent from BBC:
BBC published this video item, entitled “Mary Berry’s indulgent chocolate steamed pudding – BBC” – below is their description.
Indulgent and so comforting, this chocolate pudding is full of rich flavour and served with a divine pouring sauce. It is also great served with ice cream.
Mary immerses herself in the enchanting Scottish Highlands.
Surrounded by magical scenery, snow-capped mountains and frost-covered forests, Mary makes delicious food to warm her up after a day out in the cold, including a tempting sausage and pepper hotpot, some simple twice-baked souffles, a mushroom, lentil and double potato jumble and an onion and sage open puff pastry tart.
Mary hitches a lift through the woods on a husky sled and meets a chocolatier whose highland truffles have made him famous around the world.
Back in her own kitchen, Mary makes an indulgent chocolate steamed pudding with a rich chocolate sauce. It is the kind of food that you long to come home to after a day exploring the great outdoors.
Mary Berry’s Simple Comforts | Series 1 Episode 6 Winter Woodland | BBC #BBC #BBCFood #BBCiPlayerBBC YouTube Channel
Mary Berry's Chocolate steamed pudding with chocolate sauce Recipe
BBC published this video item, entitled "Mary Berry's indulgent chocolate steamed pudding - BBC" - below is their description.
Recipe Yield: 8
Preparation Time: 30M
Cooking Time: 1H30M
Total Time: 2H
Video Content URL: https://youtu.be/yCcRJDZ6IC8
Recipe Video Thumbnail: https://theglobalherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/yCcRJDZ6IC8.jpg
Recipe Video Name: Mary Berry's indulgent chocolate steamed pudding - BBC
Video Upload Date: 2020-10-17
Recipe Video Description: Indulgent and so comforting, this chocolate pudding is full of rich flavour and served with a divine pouring sauce. It is also great served with ice cream.
- 125g/4½oz baking spread or soft butter, plus extra for greasing 125g/4½oz caster sugar 2 large eggs 100g/3½ oz self-raising flour 25g/1oz cocoa powder, sieved 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml/5fl oz full-fat milk 150ml/5fl oz double cream 300g/10½oz dark chocolate, broken into pieces 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a 1 litre/1¾ pint pudding basin with butter. Cut a small square of baking paper, about the size of the bottom of the basin. Grease the square and place in the bottom of the basin, press into the corners.
- Place all of the pudding ingredients into a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined, light and fluffy. Spoon into the basin and level the top. Cut a square of kitchen foil that is about 4cm/1½in bigger than the rim of the basin. Grease the foil with butter and make a pleat in the middle of the square. Place on top of the basin and tightly press around the rim. Tie up with string to seal.
- Place the basin in a deep saucepan and pour in boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the basin. Cover with a lid and place over a very low heat. Steam over a gentle simmer for about 1½-1¾ hours until the top is just firm. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly. Remove the foil, run a palette knife around the edges and invert onto a plate. Remove the square of paper on top.
- Meanwhile, place the milk and cream in a saucepan. Heat until just boiling. Add the chocolate and vanilla, then remove from the heat and stir until melted and runny.
- Pour some of the sauce over the top of the pudding and cut into wedges to serve. Serve the remaining sauce in a jug alongside.
- This dish can be made up to 4 hours ahead – just leave it in the basin and keep it warm in hot water until you wish to serve it. The sauce can be made up to 1 day ahead and reheated to serve. It is not suitable for freezing.
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
In This Story: Mary Berry
Mary Rosa Alleyne Hunnings CBE, known professionally as Mary Berry, is a British food writer, chef and television presenter.