This Morning published this video item, entitled “Joe Wicks Shares His Indulgent Pancake Recipe | This Morning” – below is their description.
Are you in need of an indulgent treat but want to stay healthy? Well our favourite PE teacher has the perfect compromise. Straight out of his brand new book, 30 Day Kick Start Plan, Joe Wicks will be showing us how to whip up the perfect feel-good brunch, packed with goodness – his Elvis pancakes. Broadcast on 26/11/20This Morning YouTube Channel
Joe Wicks Elvis Pancakes Recipe
Recipe taken from 30 Day Kick Start Plan by Joe Wicks
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon (120g)
- 2 small ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Big pinch of baking powder
- 10g butter
- Drizzle of maple syrup – optional
- Preheat your grill to maximum
- Lay the rashers of bacon on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Slide under the hot grill. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking. I like my bacon crispy on the outside but still a little soft.
- Meanwhile using a fork, mash the bananas in a bowl into a rough puree. Crack in the eggs, spoon in 1 tablespoon peanut butter, sprinkle in the cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Give everything a good stir. Pancake batter sorted.
- Melt the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a low to medium heat. Once bubbling, spoon the batter into the pan to make 4-6 pancakes. Fry the pancakes without moving them for 3 minutes on the first side, or until the batter has set, then flip and fry the pancakes for a further minute on the second side.
- While the pancakes are gently frying, mix the remaining peanut butter with ½ tablespoon water in a small bowl. This will loosen it, making it easier to drizzle on the pancakes.
- Pile the banana pancakes onto a plate. Top with the bacon, drizzle over the peanut butter along with a little maple syrup, if you like.
Gobble down, Elvis-style.
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.