About This Source - This Morning
This Morning airs each weekday in the UK, on the ITV1 channel, between 10am and 12.30pm. It is described as “a mix of celebrity interviews, showbiz news, topical discussion, competitions, health, and more.”
Recent from This Morning:
This Morning published this video item, entitled “Gino Makes Holly Laugh In The Kitchen | This Morning” – below is their description.
We can finally welcome our beloved Italian back into the kitchen. It’s been a long wait, but he’s back and has tonight’s dinner sorted. With Italian food being the favourite food for two thirds of us, Gino’s sharing his Mamma’s recipe for chicken risotto. Broadcast on 10/09/20This Morning YouTube Channel
Got a comment? Leave your thoughts in the comments section, below. Please note comments are moderated before publication.
Gino’s Chicken Risotto
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 400g in total), cut into 1cm chunks
- 500g Arborio or Carnaroli rice
- 200ml dry white wine
- 1 ltr hot vegetable stock
- 400ml passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 60g salted butter, cut into cubes
- 60g freshly grated pecorino cheese, plus extra to garnish
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra to serve
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan or large, high-sided frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry for 5-10 minutes or until softened but not browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken and fry for about 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally
- Add the rice and fry for about 3 minutes, stirring continuously, until the grains are coated and shiny. Pour over the wine and let it bubble for 1-2 minutes or until evaporated.
- Add 2 ladles of stock and the passata, bring to a simmer. Stir continuously until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding in the rest of the stock in the same way, until the rice is cooked but still has a slight bite. This will take about 18 minutes. You may not need to add all the stock.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, pecorino and parsley. Stir for about 30 seconds until creamy. Season with salt and pepper. Top with a little extra parsley and pecorino.
- To serve, spoon the risotto onto warm plates. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil over each serving.
In This Story: Gino D'Acampo
Gennaro “Gino” D’Acampo is an Italian celebrity chef and media personality based in the United Kingdom, best known for his food-focused television shows and cookbooks.
D’Acampo rose to fame as a regular chef on the ITV show This Morning. He has since presented cookery programmes including Let’s Do Lunch, There’s No Taste Like Home and Gino’s Italian Escape.
In June 2020, It was announced that D’Acampo would be the presenter of a brand new series of Family Fortunes on ITV 18 years later than the last series.
Books # Ad
2 Recent Items: Gino D'Acampo
In This Story: This Morning Recipes
Food & Drink recipes from UK ITV1 Show This Morning.