In the UK, ITV’s This Morning shared this video of a delicious brownie recipe cooked by Alison Hammond.
The hosts Holly & Phil had great fun as Alison first almost forgot to put in baking powder, and then did forget to put in the eggs, but it was a new and interesting take on how to demonstrate cooking!
Also, you can’t argue, Alison’s brownies look yummy. Recipe details below, because it isn’t so easy to catch in the on-screen presentation (still, watch the video, it will cheer you up!).
In a TV exclusive, our showbiz queen, Alison Hammond is donning her apron and brushing off her rolling pin as she enters the This Morning kitchen for the very first time to bake her delicious chocolate brownies.
Broadcast on 31/03/20This Morning YouTube Channel
Alison Hammond’s Brownies Recipe
- 200g Chocolate (a quality dark choc is preferable)
- 250g Butter
- 360g Caster sugar
- 80g Cocoa powder
- 65g Plain flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 4 Eggs
- 100g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 100g chocolate chips
- Melt the butter and the chocolate over a bain-marie (a pan of boiling water with a bowl over it).
- Once the butter and chocolate are melted, stir in all the sugar.
- Sieve in the cocoa powder and flour and the baking powder, then mix with the rest of the mixture.
- Whisk the eggs and then add to the mixture and mix until its fully combined.
- Add your nuts and chocolate chips and stir into the mixture.
- Set the oven to 170C, 150C fan, Gas mark 3. Line a 23cm square baking tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tin and cook the brownies for 45-50 minutes, slightly longer if you like them firmer.
Like This Recipe? Love Alison’s Presenting?!
Leave a public comment below and share your thoughts on this recipe, and Alison’s fun presenting style. Comments are moderated before publication, and The Global Herald does not allow users to “flame” each other – this is a safe space for people to post insightful comments which add value.
Be kind to each other.
Stay home. Save lives.
In This Story: Alison Hammond
Alison Hammond is a British television personality and presenter who became notable after appearing on the third series of Big Brother in 2002 and was the second housemate to be evicted from the Big Brother house.
From this little acorn, a mighty media career has grown, owing a lot to her fun style in front of camera.
Alison is a regular on UK ITV1 show, This Morning.