Australia Post has opened a 24/7 superstore in the Australian Capital Territory (Canberra) in response to figures showing that almost the entire adult population of Australia now shops online.
10 million Australians log-on to make their purchases. In anticipation of a Christmas rush of deliveries from online retail, the Aussie Post has had to expand capacity.
Stephen Price, the Regional Manager of Australia Post Retail Services in ACT / NSW, said:
“With Christmas around the corner, it’s a perfect time to give our Canberra customers the opportunity to collect and post parcels and access self-service facilities at a time that suits them – on the way to work, on the way home or even on the weekend.
“As well as the 24/7 parcel lockers, customers can access self-service terminals for bill payment and posting letters and parcels within Australia, vending machines to purchase stamps and packaging products, and an Australia Post ATM for quick access to cash.”
The new Canberra GPO Superstore is located at 53-73 Alinga Street (corner of Moore Street).
Australia Post extended Christmas opening times are as follows:
- Canberra GPO, 53-73 Alinga Street – 8.30am-6pm M-F
- Belconnen Post Office, Westfield Shopping Centre – 9am-5pm M-F, 9am-1pm Sat, 10am-2pm Sun (Sunday trading in Dec only)
- Belconnen Business Centre, 35 Cohen Street – 9am-6pm M-F, 10am-1pm Sat
- Dickson Post Office, 28 Dickson Pl – 8.30am-6pm M-F
- Jamison Centre Post Office, 8 Jamison Centre – 9am-6pm M-F
- Mawson Post Office, Southlands Shopping Centre – 9am-6pm M-F