An Acker Merrall wine auction on 22nd October 2011 in Chicago took over $3.55 million. The sale of vintage and more modern wines at the Trump International Hotel saw highlights such as a 1985 Krug, a 1976 Dr. Thanisch Riesling Trockenbeerenauslese from Bernkasteler and a 1862 Terrantez.
Top sales were as follows:
- 3 magnums 2002 Romanee Conti sold for $67,100
- 6 magnums 1990 La Tache sold for $67,100
- An Assortment of DRC 2000 sold for $26,840
- A full case of 1962 La Romanee by Leroy sold for $26,840
- A full case of 1982 Chateau Latour sold for $24,400
Acker Merrall will be holding another wine auction in New York on 29th October 2011 with lots from the collection of noted Bergundy expert, Don Stott.