Jacqui Smith, the former Labour Home Secretary who quite over the expenses scandal, has been beaten by Karen Lumley for the Conservatives.
Jacqui Smith became embroiled in the expenses scandal after it was revealed that a claim for accommodation in a hotel had included her husband’s television bill for pornographic programming. She also listed a spare bedroom at her sister’s house in London as her main residence and fell foul of some Second Home rules.
- Karen Lumley Conservative 19,138
- Jacqui Smith Labour 13,317
- Nicholas Lane Liberal Democrat 7,750
- Anne Davis UK Independence Party 1,497
- Andy Ingram British National Party 1,394
- Kevin White Green 393
- Vincent Schittone English Democrats 255
- Scott Beverley Christian Party 101
- Paul Swansborough Independent 100
- Derek Fletcher Nobody Party 73