UEFA Champions League Final 2012 in Numbers
; published on May 19, 2012 at 1:27 pm
The 2012 UEFA Champions League Final at Fussball Arena, Munchen, will mark the culmination of a great deal of time and effort on the part of both clubs – FC Bayern Munich and Chelsea FC – as well as back-room staff involved with the tournaments many fixtures, but the event itself is a huge undertaking.
In this item, The Global Herald Football reveals some of the vital statistics relating to the staging of this illustrious final in the heart of Bavaria.
2012 UEFA Champions League Final – Vital Statistics
- 62,500 Capacity Crowd – 17.500 tickets for each finalist plus worldwide sale of 7,000 tickets on UEFA.com
- 2 Weeks to prepare the pitch – the last match was played at Allianz Arena on 6 May 2012 (1860 Munchen v Alemannia Aachen)
- 150 working staff – from UEFA, TEAM and LOC
- 380 Volunteers – to assist with match day
- 175 Drivers
- 1,700 TV Staff – 200 from host broadcaster, Sky Deutschland; 1,500 from other UCL broadcasters
- 900 Media Staff – 600 from the written press; 100 radio broadcasters; and 200 photographers
- 200 Million TV Viewers – Projected audience
- 210 Territories – will receive live TV footage of UCL
Who do you think will win the 2012 UEFA Champions League Final – and how? Click here to answer our poll, and leave your opinion.