On Sunday 20th June 2010, Scotland’s brightest and best fashion talents were awarded at a star-studded event at the Glasgow Science Centre. Among the judges were; Amanda Wakeley, designer, fashion editor Dolly Jones and the renowned fashion journalist Hilary Alexander.
In honour of the event, Swarovski even designed a special Saltire encrusted bag and ring.
Jonathan Saunders took the top spot – not surprising for the man who lured American Vogue editor Anna Wintour to his debut collection in London. His fresh prints and clean lines make great dressing for everyone. Holly Fulton took Young Designer of the Year and is another hot name making waves in the fashion arena.
The full awards list is as follows:
- Scottish Designer of the Year: JONATHAN SAUNDERS
- Scottish Young Designer of the Year: Scotland with Style – HOLLY FULTON
- Scottish Textile Brand of the Year: ANGELA CASSIDY
- Scottish Accessory Designer of the Year: WILLIAM CHAMBERS
- Scottish Fashion Icon: PAOLO NUTINI
- Scottish Communicator of the Year: EILIDH MCASKILL
- Scottish Model of the Year: LISA OMOND
- Scottish Retailer of the Year: CRUISE
- Scotland’s New Face: TERRI MCGLONE
- Scottish Graduate of the Year: JETT SWEENEY
- International Designer of the Year (for use of a Scottish fabric): MARKUS LUPFER
- Scottish Hall of Fame 2010: MALCOLM EDWARDS (session hair stylist)