Rugby World Cup Recipes: Ultimate Rogan Josh Lewsey’s Lamb Burger
; published on September 24, 2011 at 7:22 pm
Ultimate Rogan Josh Lamb Burger
Patak’s have teamed up with The Global Herald to present a series of rugby world cup themed curry recipes.
Sometimes a burger is just what you fancy, and we don’t call this one the ‘Ultimate’ for nothing. This mouthwatering lamb burger is something different though, and is bursting with the hearty, rich spices of our Rogan Josh paste.
For the Burgers
- 1 – 2 tbsp Patak’s Rogan Josh Paste
- 450g extra lean minced lamb steak
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 Patak’s Plain Naans to serve
- 1 bag mixed salad leaves
- 4 vine tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, halved, deseeded and chopped
- 2 red chillies, halved, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- seeds of 1 pomegranate
- Mix together the lamb, red onion, garlic and Patak’s Rogan Josh Paste. Shape into 4 burgers.
- Griddle or barbecue the burgers for 8 – 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Mix together the salsa ingredients.
- Griddle or barbecue the naan breads and cut in half. Serve the burgers on the naan breads with the salad leaves and top with the salsa.