Rugby Union: Ireland Starting XV to Face Italy, RBS 6 Nations 2012
; published on February 23, 2012 at 9:03 am
Ireland have named the same squad to face Italy in the RBS 6 Nations 2012 at Aviva Stadium on Saturday as that which had been due to face France in the postponed match in Paris a fortnight ago.
Centre Gordon D’Arcy will win his 65th cap for Ireland, while one uncapped player, Peter O’Mahony, will start on the replacements bench.
Ireland, who have only played one match – an opening weekend defeat against Wales – are looking for their first victory of the tournament from this match.
Ireland Starting XV to Face Italy, RBS 6 Nations 2012
- 15 Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
- 14 Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
- 13 Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
- 12 Gordon D’Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
- 11 Andrew Trimble (Ballymena/Ulster)
- 10 Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
- 9 Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)
- 1 Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
- 2 Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
- 3 Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
- 4 Donncha O’Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
- 5 Paul O’Connell (Young Munster/Munster, Capt)
- 6 Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
- 7 Sean O’Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
- 8 Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)
- 16 Sean Cronin (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
- 17 Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
- 18 Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
- 19 Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) *
- 20 Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
- 21 Ronan O’Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
- 22 Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
Ireland v Italy will kick-off at 13:30 GMT (14:30 CET) on Saturday 25th February 2012, at Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland.