The International Olive Council is gearing up for a new campaign “Add Some Life” to promote the consumption of olives in the USA and Canada. The IOC teamed up with The Global Herald to produce this series of healthy and exciting recipes using, you guessed it, olives.
4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb. (about 4 cups) fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- ½ teaspoons grated orange or tangerine peel
- ¼ cup orange or tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all ingredients in plastic food storage bag. Seal and toss to mix and coat evenly.
- Allow to stand for 30 minutes or refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Spoon into dessert dishes or over thin slices of angel food or pound cake, if desired.
TIP: If desired, add 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves to strawberries.