The International Olive Council is gearing up for a new campaign “Add Some Life” to promote the consumption of olives in the USA and Canada. The IOC teamed up with The Global Herald to produce this series of healthy and exciting recipes using, you guessed it, olives.
- 2 ½ cups frozen kernel corn
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans or dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped radishes
- 3 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- Heat grill to high direct heat.*
- Combine corn and 2 tablespoons olive oil in medium bowl; mix well to coat thoroughly.
- Spread corn in single layer on foil or in disposable foil pan.
- Place on grill. Grill in single layer 6 to 9 minutes or until corn is golden brown, stirring carefully (being careful not to rip foil) once or twice. Remove from heat.
- Combine corn and remaining ingredients, including remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Toss to mix well.
*If desired, corn can be prepared in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Heat skillet; add corn mixture to skillet. Cook 7 to 11 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.