The International Olive Council is gearing up for a new campaign “Add Some Life” to promote the consumption of olives in the USA and Canada. The IOC teamed up with The Global Herald to produce this series of healthy and exciting recipes using, you guessed it, olives.
- ¾ cups orzo pasta, cooked and drained (2 cups cooked)
- ½ medium cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1 medium green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup pure or extra light olive oil
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Blend all ingredients in medium bowl; toss to mix. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.
Tip: For a decorative finish, sprinkle coarse salt on top of salad before serving.