The International Olive Council is gearing up for a new campaign “Add Some Life” to promote the consumption of olives in the USA and Canada. The IOC teamed up with The Global Herald to produce this series of healthy and exciting recipes using, you guessed it, olives.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 to 2 inch pieces
- 12 fingerling potatoes
- ¼ large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ large orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
- 4 (¾ -inch) slices yellow squash or zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root, optional
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 baby Portobello (crimini) mushroom caps, optional
- Olive oil
- Heat grill to medium direct heat.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine potatoes and 2 tablespoons water.
- Cover and microwave at High power for 1 minute; drain well.
- Combine chicken, potatoes, pepper chunks, squash, garlic, ginger root, salt and pepper in large bowl; toss to coat evenly.
- Drizzle with olive oil and soy sauce; toss to coat. (If desired, refrigerate up to 4 hours, turning occasionally.)
- Add mushrooms; toss gently to coat with oil mixture.
- Thread ingredients on 4 (16-inch) metal or wooden* skewers.
- Place skewers on grill; grill covered 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Brush with additional olive oil, if desired.
*Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water 1/2 hour before threading with chicken and vegetables.