Recipe: Balti Crab Cakes
; published on August 18, 2011 at 3:10 pm
Patak's Balti Crab Cakes
Making curry can be difficult if you don’t know how to combine the spices or where to buy them from. Helpfully, Patak’s has a range of curry pastes and has teamed up with The Global Herald to produce a range of “sizzling summer recipes” that are easy to make and delicious to eat!
For the Crab Cakes
- 2-3 tbsp Patak’s Balti Paste
- 1 x 410g can chickpeas, drained thoroughly
- 375g tinned white crab meat, drained thoroughly, or use fresh crab if you prefer
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- grated rind of 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp beaten egg
- 500g Basmati Rice
- 175g dried apricots
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 green chilli, deseeded
- sliced lime wedges to garnish
- Put the chickpeas in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a bowl and add the crab, spring onions, Patak’s Balti Paste, lemon rind, coriander, chilli and egg.
- Mix well, season and shape into 12 fish cakes.
- Grill for 10 – 15 minutes, turning once, until golden.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the cooking instructions. Stir in the apricots, coriander and chilli. Serve with the crab cakes & lime wedges as garnish.