Billy Beane, the manager of Oakland A’s, once put together a baseball team on a shoestring budget using a controversial computer algorithm to pick the very best players. The true story was picked up by Sony Pictures and given a stellar casting. It now promises to be a hit with US audiences when it hits cinemas on 23rd September 2011.
Based on the book “Moneyball” by Michael Lewis, the film charts the use of baseball stats to pick up a cheaper championship team than all the rivals, resulting in a heart-warming tale of a team which is on-the-odds but against the prevailing opinion of traditional scouts and managers. Sabermetrics are now widely used in all the very top baseball teams in the USA.
- Brad Pitt as Billy Beane
- Jonah Hill as Peter Brand
- Robin Wright as Sharon
- Philip Seymour Hoffman as Art Howe
- Chris Pratt as Scott Hatteberg
- Kathryn Morris as Tara Beane
- Tammy Blanchard as Elizabeth Hatteberg
- Glenn Morshower as Hopkins
- Sergio Garcia as Jorge Posada
- Kerris Dorsey as Casey Beane
- Stephen Bishop as David Justice
Director: Bennett Miller
Producers: Michael De Luca, Rachael Horovitz, Scott Rudin, Bennett Miller