“Friars, not monks” is the catchphrase of the second instalment in the fifth series of Lewis.
St Gerard’s college is the source of an evil intent which sees the death of a visiting female bishop. The college is home to around 35 friars, some students and the moneyed Goffe family.
What at first seems to be a violent difference of opinion over religion soon appears to be a much darker pursuit of the coveted post of Vice Regent at the ancient institution. Hathaway’s knowledge of literature and theatre is tested to the limit by a killer obsessed with Jacobean Revenge Tragedy.
Stephen Churchett wrote the episode which sees Lewis and Hathaway both consider the offer of redundancy or early retirement. Will this be the last series starring Kevin Whately as the beloved detective? Hathaway considers his faith in the light of an offer of a research post at the ecclesiastical order and Lewis talks to Hobson about his thoughts.
“Lewis: Wild Justice” Season 5 Episode 2 airs on ITV at 8pm on 10th April 2011.
- Kevin Whately as DI Robert Lewis
- Laurence Fox as DS James Hathaway
- Clare Holman as Dr Laura Hobson
- Rebecca Front as Innocent
- Cherie Lunghi as Grace Orde
- Charlie Roe as Ronald Marsden
- Lucy Boynton as Zoe Suskin
- David Westhead as Leon Suskin
- Anna Chancellor as Judith Suskin
- Elize du Toit as Andrea de Ritter
- Lorcan Cranitch as Liam Cullen
- Matt Orton as Elmo Woodeson
- Mark Aiken as Donald Voss
- Leanne Rowe as Carly Cliff
- Gabrille Lloyd as Eileen Norman
- Joy Blakeman as DC Madge