The final race of the opening Dubai International Racing Carnival 2011 meeting at Meydan, UAE, was the eighth race on the card, the 22:55 Master Collection Handicap.
This race took place over a distance of 1800m (approximately 1 mile and 1 furlong) for a total prize pool of $175,000 USD – with the winner’s prize money standing at $105,000.
In the closest and most exciting finish of the day, Steele Tango produced a late run and just pipped Godolphin’s Enak to give Ryan Moore a double on the card at the last opportunity. These two were a little way clear of Across the Rhine and Hot Six.
Video and images courtesy Emirates Racing Authority.
Meydan Results – Thursday 13th January – Race 8 – 22:55 – Master Collection Handicap
- Steele Tango (USA) – R Teal – Ryan Moore
- Enak (ARG) – S bin Suroor – Lanfranco Dettori
- Across The Rhine (USA) – T Collins – William Supple
- Hot Six (BRZ) – E Martins – Bruno Reis
- War Monger (USA) – D Watson – Tadhg O’Shea
- Clasp (GB) – D Watson – Richard Mullen
- Le Drakkar (AUS) – A bin Huzaim – Christophe Lemaire
- Bronze Cannon (USA) – H Brown – Ted Durcan
- Fighting Brave (USA) – D Wachman – Kieren Fallon
- Mr Crazy Boy (ARG) – M de Kock – Rory Cleary
- Snaafy (USA) – M Al Muhairi – Richard Hills
- Black Eagle (IRE) – A bin Huzaim – Jesus Rosales
- Tam Lin (GB) – M bin Shafya – Patrick Cosgrave
- Comradeship (IRE) – R Bouresly – Erhan Yavuz