Reem won the UAE 1000 Guineas Trial Sponsored By Longines at Meydan, UAE, in the second race of the opening meeting of the Dubai International Racing Carnival 2011, at 19:15 local time.
Reem lifted the lion’s share of the $50,000 USD prize pool ($30,000 USD went to the winner) under a clever, pace-setting ride by Patrick Cosgrave, to win by half a length from Mahbooba who was finishing best of all, produced late round the outside by Christophe Soumillon. Abtasaamah was another half length back in third under Frankie Dettori for Godolphin, and was staying on at the finish, suggesting a little further in trip may suit.
Video courtesy Emirates Racing Authority.
Meydan Results – Thursday 13th January – Race 2 – 19:15 –
UAE 1000 Guineas Trial Sponsored By Longines
- Reem (AUS) – M de Kock – Patrick Cosgrave
- Mahbooba (AUS) – M de Kock – Christophe Soumillon
- Abtasaamah (USA) – S bin Suroor – Lanfranco Dettori
- Chocolicious (SAF) – H Brown – Ryan Moore
- Empire Rose (ARG) – M de Kock – Kevin Shea
- Quick Val (ARG) – H Brown – Harry Bentley
- Crying Lightening (IRE) – P Chapple-Hyam – Kieren Fallon
- Najoum (USA) – S bin Suroor – Ted Durcan
- Energia Cintilante (BRZ) – E Martins – Bruno Reis
- Artic Rose (IRE) – R Bouresly – Erhan Yavuz