The opening race of the opening meeting of 2011 Dubai Racing Carnival was the Al Maktoum Challenge R1 Sponsored By Longines, run at Meydan, UAE, at 18:35 (local time) on Thursday, 13th January 2011.
This event was a Group 1 race for Purebred Arabian horses.
The race was run over 1600m (approximately 1 mile), and prize money totalling $55,000 USD was awarded to finishers placing 1st-6th.
The race was won in fine style by Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s No Risk Al Maury under Richard Hills, who powered away with 200m to go, and came home unchallenged 5 lengths ahead of the following pack. Fryvolous came in second under Kieron Fallon, while Omayyade Thabet ridden by Harry Bentley finished third.
Video courtesy Emirates Racing Authority.
Meydan Results – Thursday 13th January – Race 1 – 18:35 – Al Maktoum Challenge R1 Sponsored By Longines
- No Risk Al Maury (FR) – G Duffield – Richard Hills
- Fryvolous (FR) – P Barbe – Kieren Fallon
- Omayyade Thabet (FR) – A Al Shamsi – Harry Bentley
- Santhal (FR) – E Charpy – William Supple
- Nirwan (FR) – D Watson – Patrick Dobbs
- Kandar Du Falgas (FR) – D Watson – Tadhg O’Shea
- Amoking (US) – A Al Raihe – Ahmad Ajtebi
- Dynamite (AE) – A Aghbash – Richard Mullen
- Zells Fred (US) – D Selvaratnam – Rory Cleary
- Aberfeldy (GB) – J Peromingo – Daragh O’Donohoe