A new app has been developed for iPhone by the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority in conjunction with Sport England to open up the famous rural beauty spot to the mobile generation:
Malham and Hawes are the first locations to feature on the mobile application with more to follow.
The app includes:
- 15+ walk and cycle (mountain bike and road) routes plus maps
- Two MP3 audio walk trails
- 360 degree panoramas
- Access information for people with limited mobility
- General ‘getting active’ information
- Links to clubs, outdoor centres and activity providers
- Information on geocaching
Karen Griffiths, the YDNPA’s Interpretation Officer, said:
“It means you can use GPS on your smartphone to explore the National Park and it will alert you to points of interest – archaeology, history, scenery, landscape.
“It’s your own personal, digital guide in your pocket.”
The app is currently available on iTunes, but will soon be available for Android, Blackberry and Symbian phones as well.
To download from iTunes see: http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/yorkshire-dales-national-park/id432901297?mt=8