The remaining eight UEFA Champions League 2011/12 Group Stage fixtures are scheduled to take place on the evening of Wednesday 23rd November 2011, when 16 teams in groups E, F, G and H face off in their respective penultimate group stage matches, with several places in the knockout phase set to be assured or denied this week.
Tie of the round is certainly the Group H clash between AC Milan and holding champs, Barcelona. Barca have been a little below their brilliant best to date this season, but have still been good enough to pull out a two point lead over their Italian rivals. A win for the Spanish side will see them assured of the group first place, while a win for Milan would see them in the driving seat in the final group stage fixture, as they’d lead this group by point. Both sides are already assured of passage to the knockout round.
In the difficult Group H, Arsenal, the group leaders, entertain a Borussia Dortmund side who need a win to avoid losing too much ground on second placed Marseille who will be hoping to keep their charge for a knockout phase place with a home win over Olympiakos.
Full fixture details for tonight’s UEFA Champions League matches are below.
UEFA Champions League 2011/12 Group Stage Fixtures, Wednesday 23 November 2011
- Zenit St Petersburg v Apoel Nicosia – Group G – Kick-Off (CET) 18:00
- BATE Borisov v Plzen – Group H – Kick-Off (CET) 19:00
- AC Milan v Barcelona – Group H – Kick-Off (CET) 20:45
- Arsenal v Borussia Dortmund – Group F – Kick-Off (CET) 20:45
- Bayer Leverkusen v Chelsea – Group E – Kick-Off (CET) 20:45
- Marseille v Olympiakos – Group F – Kick-Off (CET) 20:45
- Shakhtar Donetsk v FC Porto – Group G – Kick-Off (CET) 20:45
- Valencia v Genk – Group E – Kick-Off (CET) 20:45