The Barclays Premier League returns on the afternoon of Saturday 13th August 2011, when 12 teams will attempt to get their season off to the best possible start with a win.
There had been seven matches scheduled to take place on the opening Saturday, however, following a week of rioting in England, much of which took place in the Tottenham area of London, the decision has been taken to postpone the Tottenham Hotspur v Everton match.
Newly promoted sides, QPR and Norwich are both in action on the opening day: QPR face Bolton Wanderers at home, while Norwich have a tricky fixture away at Wigan’s JJB Stadium.
Perhaps the most exciting prospect is that of Newcastle United v Arsenal, which is the day’s late fixture, kicking off at 17:30 BST at St James Park.
The other three fixtures all feature teams which, on last season’s evidence, might expect to finish within a place or two of each other: Blackburn v Wolverhampton, Fulham v Aston Villa and Liverpool v Sunderland are all matches which might turn out to be very important come the seasons end.
Barclays Premier League 2011/12 Fixtures – Saturday 13th August 2011
All kick-off times are in British Summer Time (BST), which is CET -1.
- Blackburn v Wolverhampton – Kick-Off 15:00 (BST)
- Fulham v Aston Villa – Kick-Off 15:00 (BST)
- Liverpool v Sunderland – Kick-Off 15:00 (BST)
- QPR v Bolton – Kick-Off 15:00 (BST)
- Tottenham OFF Everton – Kick-Off 15:00 (BST)
- Wigan v Norwich – Kick-Off 15:00 (BST)
- Newcastle v Arsenal – Kick-Off 17:00 (BST)