“Country Strong” is due to hit European cinemas on 25th March 2011, giving audiences the chance to see Gossip Girl turn her hand to the big screen and Gwyneth Paltrow blast out a tune on stage.
“Shaken by addiction and scandal, country music superstar Kelly Canter (Gwyneth Paltrow) takes a romantic shine to
Beau Hutton (Garrett Hedlund), a talented young man with a guitar who works at the rehab facility where she’s recuperating. Their relationship, however, takes a difficult turn when the handsome singer-songwriter, satisfied with performing at small clubs and honky-tonks, suddenly finds himself thrust into Kelly’s topsy turvy world as she gears up for a return to her adoring fans.
Although Kelly thrives on rest (and Beau), her career-dedicated but romantically aloof husband/manager James (Tim McGraw) books a three-city comeback tour conceived as the key to his wife’s personal and professional recovery.
Tensions flare when the plan calls for the tour to introduce James’ new protégée, an ambitious beauty-queen-turned-singer named Chiles Stanton (Leighton Meester). Now deeply dependent on Beau, Kelly makes sure that her favorite newcomer gets a spot on the bill as well. As the quartet embarks on its fateful tour, romantic entanglements, dormant demons and the demands of showbiz threaten to derail all the players in this tale of modern Nashville.
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Kelly Canter
- Tim McGraw as James Canter
- Garrett Hedlund as Beau Hutton
- Tina White as Interviewee
- Leighton Meester as Chiles Stanton
- Marshall Chapman as Winnie
- Lari White as Hair Stylist
- Jeremy Childs as JJ
- J.D. Parker as Joe
- Lisa Stewart as Travis’ Mom (as Lisa Stewart Seals)
- Jackie Welch as Teacher
- Cinda McCain as Misty
- Gabe Sipos as Travis
- Sandra Harris as Orderly
- Megan Henderson as Megan Henderson
- Director: Shana FesteWriter: Shana Feste
- Producers: Jenno Topping, Tobey Maguire
- Executive Producer: Meredith Zamsky
- Associate Producer: George Flynn
- Original Music: Michael Brook