The Australian International 3 Day Event held in Adelaide each year, has been confirmed as one of the leading equestrian competitions in the world, by being included in the FEI HSBC Classic Series for 2011 / 2012.
The Adelaide based event made history when it became the 1st 4* competition in the Southern hemisphere, and since then gained notoriety as a truly global equestrian spectacle. The beautiful Adelaide Park Lands plays host each year, and attracts riders from all over the world. This year it will host the second leg of the HSBC FEI Classics™ 2012 on 18-20 November 2011.
At the end of the 2012 season, the five riders with the highest number of points collected among the six HSBC FEI Classics™ events will be awarded their share of a total prize pot of US$333,000.
The 2011 / 12 series is as follows:
- Les Etoiles de Pau CCI 4* (FRA) – 12-16 October 2011
- Australian International 3 Day Event (AUS) – 18-20 November 2011
- Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event (USA) – 26-29 April 2012
- Mitsubishi Motors Badminton Horse Trials (GBR) – 4-7 May 2012
- Luhmühlen CCI 4* presented by E.ON (GER) – 14-17 June 2012
- The Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials (GBR) – 30 August-2 September 2012